A Thank You to Our Partners
November 11th, 2015
TEDxVancouver is a fully volunteer-run operation. We exist to explore curiosity and all funds raised go directly into improving the experience and amplifying the ideas.
To help offset costs, we’ve formed meaningful relationships with truly amazing local brands, businesses, and people that have helped us form TEDxVancouver into what it is today.
Without these partners, TEDxVancouver simply wouldn’t exist, nor would we ultimately be able to have meaningful dialogue about our city. Our Vancouver-centric partners give us the space to form a deeper relationship with our place in the world.
Rogers, our title partner, helped facilitate the biggest and grandest venue that TEDxVancouver has ever enjoyed. This year’s event will be held at the arena, and through this space, we are able to seat 3,500 physically with thousands more on the live stream with the intent motivation to explore the theme of ID.
Our premier partners, Aquilini Centre, PostPro Media and POWERSHiFTER, have given us the ability to increase our reach and perfect this year’s event. PostPro Media has committed to bring our stage vision to life through the onscreen digital animations, expanded to include a fully connected, four performance narrative never before seen on the main stage. POWERSHiFTER and their tireless efforts to building our website, polling apps, and other digital resources have been crucial to our success. And our friends at Aquilini Centre are reimagining an entire neighbourhood of Vancouver. The neighbourhood that is now home to TEDxVancouver.
We have a category of major partners that contribute significantly to our success:
– Boughton Law is our first-ever law office who keeps our records safe and accounted for;
– Edelman is our public relations agency of record. TEDxVancouver is the only pro-bono project they take on throughout the year;
– Ed’s Daily in Strathcona provides the nourishment for our attendees throughout the day;
– Fairmont Pacific Rim is our preferred hotel of choice for out of town guests and important clientele;
– Haywood Capital Markets supports TEDxVancouver through a comprehensive hosting program;
– Hemlock Print provides the most incredible custom print pieces for our event including our printed program and name badges;
– lululemon athletica, our apparel partner who cares deeply about the city and our place within it;
– Market One Media Group is a key partner led by Farhan Lalani, a Vancouver 40 Under 40 winner;
– MediaCo is our preferred production partner for audio, visual, lighting and technical direction;
– A&B Party Time Rental provides all TEDxVancouver event rental needs—Dan Sebal and A&B Party Time Rental are industry leaders, and we are proud to partner with them;
– Microsoft, a Seattle-based software company is forming new roots in Vancouver; and
– University of British Columbia our intellectual partner of choice is celebrating their 100th anniversary in 2016.
One final special thanks to News 1130, The Province, The Vancouver Sun, Vancity Buzz, The Settlement Building, Best Buy, Canadian Springs, DDB, Georgia St. Media, Goldsmith Poulos Chartered Professional Accountants, Make IT Solutions, Mindset Foundation, My Green Space, Enrg Research Group, Siegal Entertainment Ltd., SOHO, Square, Tangoo, Tap Snap, Tourism Vancouver, Vibe.ca Productions, and Victory; we couldn’t have done it without you!