2015 Youth Initiative
This year, TEDxVancouver will be celebrating its seventh year as of one of the longest running TEDx events in the world. This year’s event will take place at the theatre at Rogers Arena proudly partnered with Aquilini Centre on Saturday, November 14, 2015.
This year’s theme is ID, a concept that encourages self-discovery, explores consciousness, perceptions and expectations, and what it means to be your true self. Who are we? Who am I? Who will I be?
To enter, you must be between the ages of 8 and 18 years, and answer one of these two questions:
- ‘Who Am I?’ What five words do you think most describe you? And why?
- ‘Who Would I like to be?’ Who inspires you and why?
Submission Deadline is Monday, November 9th, 2015 at 9am.
The submission must be a video (min 30 seconds; max 2 minutes) via link to YouTube/Vimeo account or file upload of no more than 3MB in an AVI, MOV, or MP4 format.
One winner will be selected by a panel of judges based on their creativity, originality and presentation on Tuesday, November 10th.
The winner will receive two passes to the TEDxVancouver 2015 event, an Xbox One, $100 Best Buy Gift Certificate, a Sphero SPRK (donated by Finger Food Studio) and a special TEDx behind-the-scenes experience.
- Roger Narin, Director, Community Engagement, TEDxVancouver
- Michael Smit, Board of Advisor, TEDxVancouver
- Andrea MacBeth, Manager Community Relations, Best Buy